Looking to get out of the grind of the production world? TurboSquid is seeking a strong production-proven 3D Technical Director to help us develop artist tools, enhance our 3D pipeline, and assist with training, standards and guidelines. The Technical Director will work closely with both our artists and team of engineers to help bridge the gap between the needs of artists and the challenges of software development. Working closely with other team leads, the Technical Director will offer expertise and guidance specific to 3D model production. For this reason, it’s important that the ideal candidate have a working understanding of the many facets of 3D model creation.
TurboSquid is a great place to challenge your skills while expanding your expertise into a broader range of tools and applications. As a Technical Director for TurboSquid you’ll be surrounded by 3D and have access to nearly every tool in the 3D industry. Like our marketplace, our needs span multiple fields from architectural design and VFX to games and VR, so a willingness to understand and identify a multitude of 3D needs and requirements is essential.
This role is an onsite position in New Orleans, LA.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in creating, challenging and maintaining specifications and guidelines.
- Create, debug, and manage tools and scripts used by both internal and external artists.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential solutions.
- Provide strategic planning and direction for pipeline automation.
- Lead and support contract programmers in the development of pipeline automation tools; as well as debug and manage delivery of those tools.
- Collate, author and maintain technical documents and training.
- Ensure that team members follow all technical standards and guidelines.
- Identify issues , and present mitigating strategies to the key stakeholders.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and guidance as required to both programmers and artists
- 3-5 years professional experience as a 3D Technical Director.
- 3D production experience a plus.
- Proficiency in at least one major 3D program and comfortable in another (3DsMax, Maya, Cinema 4D, etc.); Proficiency in 3Ds Max a plus
- Familiarity in at least one major game engine (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine, etc.)
- Must be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (Python, MaxScript, PyMel, etc.)
- Must be open and able to learn new software and scripting languages quickly
- Proven leadership and communication skills, with project management abilities
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.