Job Title: 3D Artist
Department: NC Art
Reports To: Art Lead
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 200 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our debut at #2,660 on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2019. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $130 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: A 3D Artist at Grover Gaming should have experience modeling, texturing, and animating characters and assets in a stylized world. A 3D Artist should have a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The 3D Artist will work across all aspects of a game’s visual design, UI, art, animation, and more. The 3D Artist will create visually simulating content that will enhance game playability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborating effectively with a team of artists and programmers to offer creative solutions to both art and game design challenges
- Producing concept sketches and quick edits to communicate artistic concepts with the team
- Creating high-quality 3D and 2D assets to meet fast-paced deadlines
- Organizing and implementing assets in the Unity 3D game engine
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Understanding of animation principles and foundations
- Experience in Photoshop
- Experience in Unity3D game engine (importing assets, animation editor, shuriken particle system)
- Proficient using Maya to create and animate fun and stylizes characters/assets
- Art degree (Associates or Bachelors)
- Experience in casino or amusement industry
- Experience and ability to sculpt stylized assets or characters in Zbrush
- Understanding of the visual style and gameplay of top tier slot games
Online art portfolio (Required at the time of application) - This can be work-related or personal projects outside of work-related activities
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.