We're currently looking for a 3D Character Artist who can set a high bar for quality, consistency and visual appeal for characters in all of Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented 3D Character Artist who enjoys perfecting their work for the needs of gameplay, real-time performance metrics, artistic vision, and most of all - player appeal. This person has experience creating beautiful characters and other hero assets in 3D pipelines, can create work in a variety of styles, understands performance budgets for real time 3D, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership of projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete an art test.
- Collaborates with Art management, Concept Artists, Game Designers, Software Engineers and Product Managers to design and iterate on in-game characters and assets
- Works with tools in UE4 (or equivalent) and other 3D authoring software to create game assets from rough draft through production quality
- Works with performance in mind to ensure that assets meet performance budgets.
- Works with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Works in an organized manner. Can follow data structure and provide feedback.
- Generates and meets time estimates
- Provide and manage feedback on assets from external vendors
- 3+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality 3d art
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Solid understanding of facial topology and edge flow using traditional modeling techniques
- Proficiency in sculpting and texture creation process from high resolution to game ready assets.
- Experience creating character assets in a pipeline that includes; Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and UE4 (or equivalent)
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Skinning/Rigging experience a plus
- Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer experience a plus
- Illustration/Concept Design experience a plus