You can apply here : https://smrtr.io/79htF
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of our games. It’s at the core of what we do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, etc. recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi—one of the world’s largest media groups—giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Researching animation references
- Producing various animation sets for characters, creatures and vehicles according to design/gameplay needs, while adhering to the established visual identity and animation direction (navigation set, combat/combos/skills, etc.)
- Helping the technical animator to create custom rigs, and to skin creatures/characters/vehicles for which they are responsible
- Ensuring close collaboration with the 3D character artists, the VFX team, and the team's technical leads to contend with constraints related to production
- Ensuring that there is constant communication between the various departments
- Maintaining a superior level of quality
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Mastery of the 12 fundamental principles of animation (squash and stretch, anticipation, staging, straight ahead and pose-to-pose, follow through and overlapping action, easing in and easing out, arc, secondary action, timing, exaggeration, solid drawing, appeal)
- Solid educational background: anatomy; understanding of physics-related constraints, both mechanical and organic; basic rules of composition
- Complete command of camera animation and of staging principles
- Creative, attentive to detail, and able to clearly analyze narrative content
- Broad knowledge of the visual arts (animated films, games, character design, industrial/automobile design, comics, photography, etc.)
- Versatile and able to adapt to various visual styles/worlds
- Mastery of a variety of 3D-animation production software packages (3ds Max [character studio / Biped, CAT, custom rig], Maya, MotionBuilder, Spine, etc.)
- Understanding of animation trees/systems and how they work
- Experience setting up custom rigs for characters/vehicles (must-have)
- Basic knowledge of fundamental production constraints and of technical or legal limitations
- Able to simplify complex or technical ideas
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills and judgment related to problem-solving
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Flexible schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation and mobile days off, available as of your start date
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year off on the right foot
- Group RRSP program with employer contributions
- Great group insurance program
- Free 24/7 access to a virtual medical clinic
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Partial reimbursement of your commuting costs (for public transit and/or parking)
- Support for new employees relocating from countries or regions outside Quebec
- Referral program with bonuses
- Regular activities and prizes courtesy of our Social Committee
And at the studio itself:
- Secure bike storage room and a subsidy to encourage active transportation (during the summer)
- Daily snacks (fruit, coffee, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Studio located near Jarry Park and the charming Mile-Ex and Little Italy neighbourhoods
- Fitness classes at the studio itself or at Jarry Park (e.g., yoga)
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.
You can apply here : https://smrtr.io/79htF