Want an opportunity to see your creativity and expertise flourish? Look no further. At Tactic, we're focused on developing high quality, compelling video games that require thought, challenge players, and evoke emotion.
We are looking for a talented animator to join our team and bring characters to life for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated animator with a combination of technical skills and the ability to create engaging, lifelike character animations.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances. Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
- Create full body animations for in game character actions and real-time cinematics.
- Create compelling and expressive facial animations.
- Work with animation programmers to create realistic, yet functional game-ready actions.
- Modify animations based on artistic or technical feedback.
- Expertise creating 3D animations in 3DS Max or Maya.
- Keen understanding of how to create first person and third person gameplay animations.
- Comfortable creating a full sets of movement animations for biped humans, quadripeds, birds, and a variety of other creatures.
- Comfortable producing cinematics that involve interactions between multiple characters.
- Able to produce a full range of facial expressions and realistic lip synchronization using morph targets / blend shapes.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Familiarity with motion capture hardware and software.
- Experience with Motionbuilder.
- Experience using modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Experience with rigging, skinning, and scripting.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating several character animations you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to email@example.com, subject "3D Animator".