Bad Tomato Games is a small indie game studio in the process of creating our first title. We are looking for a skilled and creative 2D animator to construct intriguing character animations and environmental interactions that will help create a unique gameplay experience.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong understating of animation principles and have the ability to create traditional 2D hand drawn animations. Some of these animations include: Main hero player movements such as: walk cycles, game mechanics, and environmental interactions. You will contribute and be part of a small but highly creative team (you will work very closely with an art director and concept artist). You must be humble: good communication skills, and the ability to take and give feedback is a must. You must be a self-starter and deadline driven.
- Produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team.
- Experience with planning and implementing real-time animation systems.
- Create animations of great quality for characters, objects and cinematic sequences.
- Must possess strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact.
- Team Player: Ability to work in collaboration with the other artists and programmers to create animation assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design.
- Deliver animations that respect the technical limitations of the project.
- Self-driven: Must have a keen intuitive sense for what works. You’re always trying to improve your abilities.
- Passion for video games especially games with compelling animations!
Work and Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Must have online Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant animation skills.
- Ability to setup animations into Unity engine.
- 2D traditional animation skills
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.