Serenity Forge is a Boulder, Colorado based video game development and publishing studio that prides ourselves on the care and dedication we put into our work, creating meaningful games that challenge the way you think. Firm believers in the artistic, cultural, and educational power of video games, Serenity Forge aims to craft unique interactive experiences to broaden players’ horizons and expand their perspectives.
We are looking for a passionate 2D concept artist who can produce concept art during both pre-production and production of our upcoming 3D game.
- Come up with broad, big-picture creative ideas that help explore the look and world-building of the game
- Refine rough ideas into clean designs that can be passed onto production artists
- Create paint-overs from grey-box layouts of in-game scenes
- Work with both artists and designers to develop usable concepts based on both both art direction and design functionality
- Strong 2D art skills with a strong grasp of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, and architecture
- Experience executing a wide range of artistic styles
- Experience working on a video game project with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and needs
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and milestones
- 3D art skills and experience
- Experience and willingness to help with 2D production art, such as texturing
- Interest in narrative and world-building, as well as organic subjects/characters/creatures
- Passion for games and the video game industry
- Shipped a commercially developed game