The Concept Artist role involves applying creative ingenuity and rendering skills to a wide range of art and design challenges within the studio. A high degree of talent and skill is required and prospective candidates will be expected to be able to conceptualize and interpret design briefs and carry out the execution of various types of work to a very high standard during pitch, pre-production and production stages on projects.
Projects at the studio cover a wide range of styles and genres, versatility across multiple styles and areas such as characters, props, environments and vehicles is a core requirement and there should be a clear ability to create work covering realistic, stylised, fantasy and sci-fi. The role requires a high degree of communication with the Creative Director and the wider art team on Projects.
Your XP & Skills
- Extensive Portfolio showing examples of the following types of work: Concept design, Production Design, Illustration, Storyboards, Colour scripts to industry standard level (We do not necessarily expect candidates to have experience in all of these areas, a wide range of skills is a key)
- Ability to work in a variety of styles and genres with an emphasis on realistic material
- Ability to work to a consistent level of quality across a variety of styles and genres
- A keen and critical eye for framing, composition, color, lighting, design, style and impact, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in both an individual and team-based manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work interactively with Production and other departments to solve creative and production challenges
- A strong sense of Initiative, and the ability to self-manage, multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to produce assets from concept to final rendered illustrations, such as Key Art, Card Art, Splash Screens and assets that will be used in Marketing and UA.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator
- Ability to conceptualize directly in 3d and/or demonstrable experience with CG content creation applications such as Modo, Maya, Z-brush, etc.
- Motion Graphics experience (including knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4D, Nuke or similar)
Your Future at Tilting Point
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Head of Talent
*Direct applicants only - No agencies/headhunters please.*
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.