We missed putting out a post last week, but we’re back at it again this week! Here’s a collection of various job leads that we’ve found from various sources over the past week or so. Hopefully something catches your eye – as always, good luck with your hunt!
- Big Viking Games is looking for an Associate Producer
- Adult Swim is looking for a QA Manager in Atlanta
- Respawn Entertainment has several open positions on their site
- Treyarch is looking for a temporary Concept Artist on Linkedin
- Saw a new studio in Boulder, Colorado – Backflip Studios. They’re hiring!
- DICE has posted a job for Senior QA in Los Angeles on Linkedin
- Retro Studios (Nintendo) posted an ad for a Technical Animator in Austin on Linkedin
- It looks like Amazon is doing a big hiring push for their games division – I’ve seen several announcements recently. Here’s a list of their open positions.
- Found a new studio for the Austin list – PLAYSTUDIOS is working on social/mobile casino games, and it looks like they’re hiring
I found this recent Quora answer to be a thoughtful read. A question was asked about “underrated skills”, and both of these skills are essential, easy to cultivate, and probably rarer than they should be. Take a look at the author’s answer, but both skills related to managing your own time, and delivering what you say you’ll deliver. I find that these are habits that can really help you stand out as a team member, and they are things you can start doing now. I’m always amazed at how quickly that task that I said “yes” to in a meeting vanishes from my mind as soon as I walk out of the meeting room. Don’t just say yes and assume you’ll remember – write it down. Take specific notes about what you said you’ll do, and when you said you’d do it. Then actually do it!