Have you been waiting for the chance to be a Software Engineer on an action / strategy game that’s not a MOBA? Want to work with a team that publishes their own IP and controls their own destiny? Well you’re in luck, because Trendy Entertainment, developer and publisher of Dungeon Defenders 2, is looking for a software!
We own our IP, so we pretty much get carte-blanche to make big changes to our games as we see fit. We’ve got several other programmers who will assist you, and in return, we want you to share your wizened learnings with them. That’s the core of the work surrounding Dungeon Defenders 2, but we’re also planning to develop some new IPs, and you’ll help us kickoff our next great game.
- Design and implement architectural and infrastructure components for cloud-based distributed systems and applications.
- Develop networking optimizations, build and improve application frameworks (high volume, non-blocking, asynchronous, multi-protocol, fault tolerant).
- Optimize complex systems by first profiling them to identify performance bottlenecks and then taking direct action to modify the software to improve performance without losing functionality.
- Work with QA and Customer Support to triage and implement solutions for customer quality and service issues.
- Create technical designs for core systems, components, and tools. Adapt designs based on technical review and feedback.
- Maintain a clear a vision for the project as a whole and understand how new designs fit into it.
- Breakdown technical designs into smaller tasks, with estimates, for implementation.
- Manage work for delivery of goals on time and within constraints.
- Be an example for proper software development practices by following all coding standards when implementing tasks and fixing bugs, and adhering to the “Definition of Done”.
- Be self-motivated and willing to help others, including the mentoring of other programmers.
- Participate in programmer meetings, stand-ups, play testing sessions, and company-wide meetings.
- Take responsibility for good cross-project communication in dealing with shared code, data, and pipelines.
Requirements & Experience:
- Programming experience with C#, .NET, SQL.
- Design experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases, specifically MySQL and Redis.
- Experience building distributed n-tier applications on a variety of client and server platforms including Linux and Windows.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar APIs (Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of object oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Expert knowledge of web service API standards, test-driven development, and multi-platform development.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Exceptional code quality, accurate estimations, strong code review/evaluation skills.
- Familiar with Agile project management methodologies.
- A minimum of four years development experience in the above.
Extra points for:
- Has shipped n-tier applications leveraging MySQL or Redis.
- General knowledge of network security issues.
- Drive and ability to contribute towards improvement in all aspects of the game and game development process
- Strong grasp of mathematical concepts, graphics, collision detection, and data transformation
- Games industry experience (ideally developing F2P RPGs, TDs, Action games)
- Unreal Engine (ideally UE3)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering field, or equivalent.