Come join us! We are a profitable U.S. based startup in Seattle, Washington, with teams in Vancouver, Canada, Singapore and a growing office in Yogyakarta in Indonesia. Founded by industry veterans from EA, LucasArts, and EpicGames, who built the online backends for well known titles and platforms such as EA Origin, FIFA, StarWars.com, UnrealEngine, Fortnite, Paragon and UnrealTournament. Our company develops technology for major well known online game studios and publishers across the USA, Europe, and the world.
We are looking for somebody to fill the role as SDE III and report directly to the Director of Engineering and play a critical role in all aspects of the development of our platform we license to studios, including implementation of online game (Go and Java) features and integrating them into the Unreal Engine (C++).
You're an experienced engineer with a solid foundation in computer science, likely have a BS or Master in CS or EE, have held Sr roles at medium to large studios in the past, maybe managed a small team. You love diving deeply into challenging logic and gameplay puzzles to make games more fun, and likely are an avid gamer and connect with the users of your software. You're solid at at-least C++ or maybe Java, and are excited about learning new stacks in a supportive environment. You're also excited about the ability to affect multiple titles across studios and raise the bar for game developer tech.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions:
We are building the next generation of a scalable online backend platform for AAA games that includes the fully licensable source code as well as offering specialized engineers to customize the code for a studio's game so they can focus on making their game fun.
While many games can use off the shelf solutions and inject simple logic into a closed source backend platforms, we believe this leads to overly complex logic that pushes logic on to the game client which is harder to update quickly. For this reason we believe that having the full source code and development resources to tailor it to a specific game leads to a better player experience and is one of the core benefits of our platform.
AccelByte is a profitable startup and fund our own white label platform development through consulting services and licensing our technology to game studios, we offer generous stock options, quarterly profit sharing, and competitive salaries.
We believe that the best companies are ones where employees are empowered to make decisions, obsess about what’s best for users, and are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. Our engineering culture is based on humility, openness to feedback and collaboration which we feel results in the best performing engineering teams and the most beneficial to everyone's growth.
- 3-5+ years at the Sr. engineering level or higher
- Expert in at least one major compiled programming language e.g. C++, Java, Go, C# etc.
- Experience turning feature requirements into functioning products
- Experience working with complex algorithms, and fundamental computer science problems
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience architecting complex online gameplay features (e.g. matchmaking, ranked leader boards)
- Flexible schedule to accommodate meetings in different time zones (reasonable times)
- Experience with at least one game engine such as UE4, Unity or custom
Nice to have
- Experience building highly scalable microservices in the cloud, AWS, GCP, Azure
- General game engine architectures, including networking
- UnrealEngine development experience
- Familiarity with multiple languages: C++, Java, Go
- Familiarity with databases: DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS RedShift, Snowflake
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability. Our culture is of innovation, inclusive, and we value our people highest.