PerBlue is looking for a passionate Server Developer (Server Engineer / Backend Software Developer) to join our team of experienced engineers and game designers. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, and we have been named a Top Developer by Google.
You’ll work side-by-side with a cross-functional team working on large distributed server systems, network stacks, game mechanics, artificial intelligence, client side development, and user interface implementations.
Get an inside look at what it's like to be a Developer with PerBlue here.
You'll be responsible for designing and building backend systems and game features. This includes everything from databases to server logic to network communication to client backend logic and more. You’ll work closely with other developers and designers to meet the demands of the fast paced mobile games industry. You’ll leverage AWS services to architect and support highly reliable server systems capable of handling tens of thousands of concurrent users.
- 3+ years experience in Java or C# in working team environment required
- 2+ years experience with SQL table design and queries required
- Exceptionally strong technical foundation and a passion for programming
- Protocol buffers or other similar message system experience required
- Basic Linux command experience required
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
- AWS RDS/EC2/S3/DynamoDB experience desired
- Jenkins/CI/CD experience a plus
- Ansible/Puppet/Chef automatic experience a plus
- Mobile development experience a plus
- Docker/other container experience a plus
- Prior experience at a game studio (mobile, console, or PC) a plus
- Strong attention to detail and a constant desire to learn new things
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and management
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus. This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.