Tilting Point’s Senior Corporate Counsel will be a hands-on, senior-level role that has the responsibility of managing all aspects of the company’s legal and business affairs, acting as the principal legal officer and advisor to the executive leadership team and board.
The Senior Corporate Counsel must have experience in a wide range of substantive areas of the law and be able to manage multiple, dynamic, complex issues at the same time. Day-to-day responsibilities will include handling business transactions, partnerships, product and intellectual property counseling, labor and employment matters, intellectual property, corporate governance and compliance, in addition to serving as counselor to the executive team and board. The Senior Corporate Counsel must be a practical, business-oriented executive with a proven track record of balancing business goals with legal risk in providing actionable, nuanced advice and guidance to the executives as well as other levels of a highly entrepreneurial and rapidly expanding business. Superior analytical skills and judgment, and a collegial approach to problem-solving, are critical to their success. The successful candidate is hands-on, detail-oriented, and adept at explaining and summarizing legal issues for non-legal personnel and helping translate those into deliverables across the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide creative and practical legal advice and risk assessments to the senior management team across a wide range of business and legal matters.
- Work closely with other departments to structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial and corporate agreements, including strategic partnerships, content and technology licenses, product development, production, marketing, procurement, other operational agreements and corporate transactions.
- Support and counsel HR on all aspects of labor and employment law and related agreements.
- Manage litigation and intellectual property matters including trademarks.
- Corporate secretary and corporate governance duties and maintenance.
- Develop and implement continuous legal and compliance process improvements including legal forms and self-service models.
- Develop, implement and assure ongoing adherence to compliance programs in conjunction with other business operations including HR and Finance.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry, regulatory and legal trends and developments.
- Manage legal department budget to ensure cost effective services from outside counsel as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Broad-based corporate and commercial transactional and product generalist with 8-10 years’ experience gained through a combination of strong law firm and in-house roles of increasing visibility and responsibility, specifically matters related to digital, web, mobile, and online content production and distribution, and interactive entertainment.
- Significant intellectual property, technology transactions and licensing experience.
- Familiarity with mobile and online distribution, analytics and marketing/advertising platforms (Apple, Google, Facebook, etc.).
- Aptitude with legal and regulatory issues regarding new business models, data privacy and compliance, and mobile and online technologies, advertising, products and services.
- Extensive experience interacting with and advising executive and board leadership of previous employers and clients.
- Ability to work and engage with a myriad of personality types and styles, comfortably across all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior success in a fast paced and dynamic organization.
- Strong business instincts and acumen.
- Strong academic credentials, including JD from highly respected law school.
- Must be a member of the New York bar in good standing.
- Personal affinity for videogames/mobile gaming preferred.
- Experience with rapidly growing business and organization preferred.
Tilting Point is a leading next generation digital games partner for top independent development studios and leading global entertainment companies, world-wide, with a focus on the rapidly expanding mobile and tablet markets.
Tilting Point empowers the interactive entertainment game developer community with expert resources, funding, and operational support to give carefully selected games mainstream success. It also dramatically expands the reach internationally of the entertainment industry’s top grossing properties for the first time to make them available on mobile platform experiences previously unavailable. The company adheres to a core philosophy of putting vibrant creative talent first, advancing industry-leading analytics, and overcoming discoverability hurdles with aggressive, best-in-class marketing. Tilting Point is based in Manhattan and is built and managed by industry leaders from Electronic Arts, PopCap Games, 2K Games, Zynga, Kabam, Gameloft, King and more.
Our location in the heart of Manhattan features a variety of dining and shopping options, the New York Public Library, and Grand Central Station. Our teams enjoy excellent benefits including:
- A wide variety of health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Company-paid term life insurance with additional options available
Life, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability options
- Paid holidays, paid sick time and unlimited discretionary vacation.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Well-stocked kitchen with coffee, teas, seltzers, snacks, treats and beverages
- Game room complete with VR
- Monthly birthdays party, summer and winter activities, annual holiday party and other fun social events
- Beautiful Midtown East location in the heart of NYC a block from Grand Central, New York Public Library, and countless shops and cafés
- Open-air space with outdoor terrace and gorgeous views of Manhattan
Location: New York, New York (Midtown East/Grand Central)
We would love to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All submissions are confidential.
Senior Manager of Talent
*Direct applicants only - No agencies/headhunters please.*
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.