TurboSquid, the world’s leading seller of 3D Models, is looking to hire a 3D Model Inspector who is versatile, talented, and interested in testing and working with the customers and artists of TurboSquid.
A little about the company: TurboSquid acts as an online broker for thousands of artists who publish their digital work (over 250,000 individual products) for sale on a site with over two million members. Our company is located in the Central Business District of New Orleans. TurboSquid is growing and our industry is gaining unprecedented attention with the widespread popularity of 3D entertainment. Our customers include Pixar, Electronic Arts, Apple, Microsoft and thousands you wouldn’t realize need 3D all the time.
Benefits include competitive salary, 401k match, group health care plan, 15 days of paid time off and 9 company holidays.
In this entry-level role, the 3D Model Inspector will assess and evaluate digital files for compliance with several designated certification standards. Models are evaluated in a variety of software packages, the job requires that the inspector has knowledge of, or can quickly learn various 3D modeling and animation programs (3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, Cinema4D, and Lightwave). Evaluation result data is entered into a tracking system (JIRA) as part of the inspection process.
Experience, Education, Skills
- Experience working with at least one 3D modeling tool, willingness to learn more
- Polished written and verbal communication skills -- this position requires interaction with some of our best customers, and professional communication is key
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks meticulously
- A background in visual arts, design, CAD or computer graphics is preferred
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the certification workflow
- Advanced skills in one or more of the following software packages: Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage, Cinema4D, Lightwave, SketchUp, Photoshop 3D
- Strong eye for artistic quality
- Experience with V-Ray
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Perform editorial review on product pages
- Perform quality assessment based on product page full preview review
- Perform certification inspections in 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, Lightwave and/or Cinema4D, following a protocol of inspection steps.
- Log results in database via JIRA software
- Communicate with artists (vendors) about the inspection findings.
- Bring ideas to your team leader about ways to improve our processes or systems
Before applying, please review the TurboSquid website (https://www.turbosquid.com), create a member account, peruse the site, and learn about our basic business model. If you meet the outlined requirements and are interested in the position, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (as body of the email) that discusses your most important skills that match this job description. Make sure to include your TurboSquid member account name in the cover letter
- Resume (as attachment to email)
- Put “3D Model Inspector” in the subject line of your email (otherwise your application may get lost)
TurboSquid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.