The Product Owner represents the stakeholders during development of the game. They are accountable for the value created by the development team, and make sure that the game exceeds stakeholder expectations.
At Paladin, the Producer is leading the development team. They coach individual team members, and facilitate the development and self-organization of the team. During development and live operations, the Producer works with the publisher to apply continuous improvements to the game, in order to ensure healthy KPIs and an awesome game.
- Create the shared vision for the game and inspire the team to work towards that vision
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction throughout development
- Ensure a good long term retention rate for the game
- Ensure high team productivity, balanced with sustainable workload
- Work closely with the team and stakeholders on all aspects of the project
- Align the development team to work towards a common goal
- Identify development bottlenecks and remove blockers
- Create and maintain a prioritized Product Backlog that reflects the vision for the game
- Work with stakeholders to create the Roadmap, resource plan and release plan
- Update stakeholders on the development progress
- Facilitate team self-organization, while stepping in hands-on when needed
- Guide the development process (F2P design, art, and programming)
- Guard the vision and goals for the game
- Monitor progress and review completed items
- Use insights from player data and other feedback to inform the product vision
- Excellent English communication skills (C2 level), both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Unity pipeline and other elements of mobile game development
- Familiar with Scrum and able to work with a Scrum team
- 5+ years experience with game development
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role (producer, creative director, lead designer or product owner)
- Read, write and talk excellent business English (C2 level)
- Experience with Mobile F2P development
- Experience with live operations is a plus
- Experience with Scrum is a plus
- Understanding Dutch is a plus
- Able to work 40 hours per week at the studio in The Hague
Paladin has six core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We work in autonomous development teams of 5-10 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
Paladin is a game studio in The Hague, The Netherlands, founded in 2005. We are a team of 30 knights. We all grew up with games – they have shaped us and given us magic moments that we remember still. We now strive to create games that enable those magic moments for others. We specialize in 3D games, are experts in Unity, and love projects that push our limits.
Some of our recent projects include:
- Momonga Pinball Adventures
- Alice in Wonderland Puzzle Golf Adventures
- Galaga Wars
We are working on several new exciting games for clients all over the world.
Important note to recruiters: We only accept direct applications and do not work with recruitment agencies, headhunters or similar companies. Please do not contact us for commercial recruiting services.