Kingdom Media, LLC is looking for a Combat Designer for our unannounced High Fantasy Role Playing Game. Our ideal candidate is an experienced video game combat designer with a strong and demonstrable passion for current generation Western RPG video games. Please send your resume and cover letter along with any links to your portfolio or previous work to email@example.com for consideration.
- Shipped AAA titles as a Combat Designer
- Deep understanding of the Unreal Editor 4 toolset, Blueprints, etc.
- Develop and assist the implementation of the combat system, player abilities, enemy abilities, and environmental effects that affect combat overall
- Assist in tuning and balancing of all aspects of the combat system, abilities, and environmental effects
- Able to work within a process and incorporate peer and player feedback
- Brainstorming, documenting, and implementation of enemy and boss behavior trees, enemy abilities, encounters, player character abilities, and related combat systems.
- Create interesting and varied combat experiences throughout the game as pertains to an RPG audience
- Scripting unique combat scenarios to be placed within the game
- Integral part in creating and tuning systems associated with combat
- Proactive approach to communicating progress and resolution of issues and tasks to your lead or project manager
- Experience with both single and multiplayer games (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Experience designing and developing in Virtual Reality environments
- Fluent in visual-scripting languages (Unreal Blueprints or similar)
- Demonstrable portfolio of your previous work (preferably within Unreal 4)
- Knowledgeable programming or text-based scripting language skills
- Work in an organized fashion, documenting your work from planning through development phases
- Able to anticipate, prioritize, and organize your work to meet objectives
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Familiar with and able to work within a SCRUM development process
- Strong sense of attention to detail
- Analytical problem solver