Kingdom Media, LLC, is looking for a passionate and experienced VR developer for an unannounced High Fantasy Roleplaying Game and several other projects. The ideal candidate is very familiar with multiple existing VR titles and hardware, remains conversant with current VR trends, and derives great satisfaction from tweaking cameras, tuning controls, and pushing envelopes.
- Implement high quality gameplay systems with minimal supervision
- Work with team leads to identify and schedule VR needs
- Proactively seek to create comfortable, intuitive, and immersive experiences in VR
- Rapidly prototype, assess, and adapt new ideas using VR HMDs and motion controls
- Proven hands-on experience developing cool stuff for VR
- Proficient in one or more modern programming languages, with a preference for C++/C#
- 3+ years as an engineer or technical designer in a team-based environment
- Familiarity across a variety of systems such as 3D gameplay, UI, tools and pipeline, cameras
- Able to work well with others to consistently provide accurate estimates and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and/or Unity 5
- At least one shipped console or PC title as a programmer
- Experience developing for multiple console/PC platforms
- A passion for modern RPGs, such as The Witcher and Dark Souls series
This is probably an on-site contract position with negotiable terms, but if you have your own extensive VR hardware collection and are interested in working remotely, hey, let’s talk about that too.