Will you be part of our adventure?
We’re looking for world-class game makers and bright new talent — people who want to work on beloved products and do the best work of their careers. Here are the kinds of people we love working with: people with new ideas; people smarter than us, who can help us learn new tricks and also grow themselves; people who love both games and the technology inside them; people who have an entrepreneurial spirit; people who enjoy tackling difficult problems and doing things that have never been done before. Does that sound like you?
We are currently seeking a Design Director to join our growing team.
What will you do?
- Lead a team in creating interesting and polished interactive experiences that appeal to players of all ages across the world.
- Drive the creation of mechanics, features and techniques used to define the core experience.
- Collaborate closely with studio and project leadership to define and execute on the vision of the game.
- Constantly play the game and guide the experience towards what the game wants and needs to be, even if that means making difficult cuts or adjustments in order to ship the best possible product.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies, tools and techniques.
- Grow, nurture and mentor designers and team members in all disciplines. Push them towards a culture of innovation, iteration and polish.
- Create documentation and presentation materials that communicate the foundation, pillars and core of the experience to the team and other partners.
- Work closely with Producer to merge vision and goals with budget and time constraints.
What will help you be successful in this role?
- Being self motivated, determined, creative and talented.
- Ability to guide a project from concept to completion.
- Experience shipping 1 or more projects in a leadership capacity.
- At least 6 or more years experience in the games industry.
- Having a foundational understanding of how all of the components of a game fit together.
- Having the ability to create content at a senior or lead quality level in order to help prove out various game elements early and demonstrate best practices to the team.
- Ability to see the vision of a project and it’s potential before it exists.
- Loving to collaborate with others and ability to bring out the best in the team.
- Having strong design sensibilities even if the individual is also strong in art or engineering.
- Previous experience working on AAA or highly polished games.
Learn more about who we are at www.playfulcorp.com