Λxis Λnimation is looking for a RIGGING TD for both next generation game cinematics and commercials projects, who will be responsible for developing realistic skeletal rigs and skinning, for full time and project positions.
This role is based in Glasgow and all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- Thorough understanding of weighting, skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges.
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with the rest of the team.
- Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
- Good MEL scripting, Python scripting skills.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer, cloth, muscles and dynamics are a plus.
- Maya API, C++ skills are a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Senior Rigger and at least 1 year as a Lead Rigger.
- Strong production experience on game cinematics, VFX and realistic character is preferable.
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids, creatures and props
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner
- Work with senior TD’s to develop and integrate tools into a robust pipeline
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids, creatures and props.
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner.
- Work with senior TD’s to develop and integrate tools into a robust pipeline.
Send your CV and demoreel link to email@example.com and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on www.AxisAnimation.com
Founded in 2000, Λxis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly, Λxis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Λxis were proud to receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.