SENIOR BRAND MANAGER
Does creating best-in-class global marketing campaigns excite you?
Are you known for creating high quality content, executing flawlessly and challenge the status quo?
If so, our Senior Brand Manager opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Senior Brand Manager to join our Brand team in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our Brand team, you will be a “right hand” to the our Brand Director and lead a team of talented Brand Managers towards excellence. Our long-term vision is to become a market leading, destination studio, and you will have the opportunity to be part of it!
You will be a brand ambassador at the heart of development, charged with creating high quality content and devising best-in-class global strategy for all of our titles. Flawless execution is the name of the game and you will be challenged to liaise with our team to constantly create the best.
We’re in the midst of a new chapter at the studio, and in order to be successful, you truly need to be excited about what we do, be eager to make a positive impact, and be motivated by results. Our days are fast-paced and our standards are high, but we believe that’s what it takes to make the best games on the planet.
As our Senior Brand Manager, you will…
- Lead the strategic brand management of our titles from inception through to live operations to long-term brand health & consumer engagement
- Act as a product expert – you must evangelize our brand to external partners (our publisher, plus licensors, retailers and agencies) to mobilize support and advocacy across the business
- Manage franchise and business plans for our IP (Company of Heroes and Dawn of War)
- Meet (and ideally exceed!) SEGA’s business operating income targets by adopting a profit-maximization approach to brand management
- Proactively make sound business recommendations to Brand Director to enhance agreed marketing programs
- Establish effective working relationships across broad and varied internal and external stakeholder group
- Work with our Business Intelligence team and SEGA’s Business Planning group to develop franchise, market and consumer insights (through data analysis and market research)
- Guide SEGA’s media briefing and planning process through close collaboration with SEGA’s Marketing team
- Liaise with our Communications Manager to ensure that all our communications are consistent and reflect brand positioning & consumer targeting
- Lead your team to success by providing direction, challenging the status quo and having open & honest conversations around career development
- Create a team culture that constructively gives and receives feedback, has fun, and constantly contributes to the studio in a positive light!
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, International Business or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience working in brand marketing within the games industry
- Proven track record in marketing PC titles and managing global campaigns for AAA RTS titles
- 2+ years leadership experience (coaching, mentoring and/or leading lean teams)
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically (you must be able to look at a situation from 30,000 feet and also be able to get stuff done)
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (you must be on the ball with planning and project management, but also be able to adapt when priorities shift!)
- Critical thinking skills – you must be being able to interpret telemetry derived from PC products
- Excellent presentation and writing skills – you must be a polished communicator who thrives presenting to a group and shows confidence in interactions
- Passion for what you do and a desire to make a significant impact
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Financial analysis experience – including P&L analysis, trend analysis and forecasting
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages. We anticipate the salary range will be between $95,000 and $115,000.
NOTE: We work with stakeholders all over the world, therefore travel is required for this role!
Interested? Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) ! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Next Steps? Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Company Address: 400 – 1040 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2R9