Axis Animation seeks an exceptional PIPELINE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR to join our Research and Development team on an ongoing basis, working onsite in Glasgow.
Research and Development collaborate with all departments to design, develop and maintain artist tools alongside core applications and services used by Axis Animation. These include: review tools and pipeline, production and asset tracking services, software environment management and more. Together these systems form the building blocks that enable the data creation and flow required for delivery of final content.
As PIPELINE TD you would help support a wide range of departments such as Editorial, Animation and Lighting, along with their interdepartmental workflows and processes; solve technical challenges to make projects a reality; and help adopt new technologies such as cloud computing and game engine rendering.
Candidates are required and must be eligible at time of application, to work on-site in Glasgow.
- Develop pipeline tools and processes to meet production needs
- Work with the Head of R&D to design and prioritize production needs
- Ensure tools and processes meet the global pipeline framework and tracking systems
- Test and debug tools and process to ensure stability and usability
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- 3+ years of experience in animation or visual effects for film or television
- Experience developing for Shotgun, FTrack or other production tracking software
- Experience developing for Maya, Nuke or Houdini
- Strong experience in Python
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with PyQt / PySide
- Experience in Django, Flask or web development
- Experience in designing and building database systems
- Working knowledge of C++
Please send your CV and demoreel link to email@example.com and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on www.axisanimation.com