Tilting Point’s Director of Business Development will be at the helm of discovering and capturing new partnership opportunities for the company. We’re looking for strong product instincts, excellent speaking and writing abilities, and deep relationships in the developer community.
Reporting to our Chief Product Offier, the Director of Business Development will bring prior experience with video game developer relations to the table and exceptional skill in interacting and winning favor with the world’s leading independent developers. We’re looking for keen knowledge and genuine interest in mobile gaming to identify and originate partnership opportunities, drive and influence greenlight decisions, and secure valuable new properties while contributing to Tilting Point’s growth.
Your Future at TPM
- Developer Outreach
- Discover new business opportunities to grow Tilting Point’s product pipeline through data-driven research.
- Prioritize prospects by Tilting Point’s selection criteria, intelligently managing incoming proposals by focusing resources on the most attractive opportunities.
- Market and promote Tilting Point to the independent development community and deliver formal presentations in competitive bids to satisfy top developers of our superior partnership offering.
- Maintain prospect records of independent development teams and formalize information retention and process for documenting developer visits.
- Opportunity Origination
- Gather, synthesize, and review game assets and other materials from prospective developer partners and collaborate internally to evaluate opportunities.
- Partner with Game Managers to formulate underlying assumptions and run deal models that quantify projected game P&Ls.
- Build consensus by organizing and leading pitches of promising games to the exec team.
- Create and deliver summary presentations including game info, market data, developer background, quantitative and qualitative deal rationale.
- Drive growth by rallying support for key titles and propelling expansion opportunities.
- Deal Making
- Draft key terms through discussions with the exec team, analysis of alternatives, and financial modeling.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure best practices, complying with our policies and procedures, and obtaining required approvals and final sign-off.
- Ensure smooth transition of partnership to the Game Managers and ensure key deal terms and deal sensitivities are understood by everyone on the team.
Your XP & Skills
- Deep and far-reaching relationships in the mobile game developer community within a minimum of 5 years industry experience, preferably in developer relations roles.
- Strong passion, knowledge, and experience in free-to-play mobile gaming.
- Polished professional with exceptional presentation and sales skills.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a love for games.
- Strong business acumen and highly ethical.
- Energetic, action-oriented self-starter that works well independently but seeks direction when appropriate.
- Collaborative team player, adept at building relationships across organizations and managing interdisciplinary teams on projects.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate persuasively with all external business partners and internal collaborators.
- Respect – this role must collaborate with, earn the respect of, and cultivate strong relationships with the world’s best independent game developers.
- International work experience a strong plus; extensive domestic and international travel is required for this role.
- Knowledge of legal contracts, negotiating techniques, and mobile game business models.
- Passion for evolution of the game industry.
Location: New York, New York (Midtown/Grand Central)
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are confidential.
Senior Manager of Talent