It’s that time. We’re taking our weekly (usually) look around the various corners of the web to see if we can unearth any new tips or leads that might help you find a new job. As always, good luck on the job hunt!
- Major updates to Austin studio list! We added a few “other organizations”, cost of living info, removed several defunct studios, and added a few new ones.
- Liz England is a Designer at Insomniac, and she put together a really thorough breakdown of all of the various types of game industry designers. It’s an excellent read if you’re unclear on what being a “Game Designer” might actually entail.
- Hothead Games has been busy posting new jobs on our site
- Heather Holmes and members of the Ubisoft Toronto team were at the Ottawa International Games Conference earlier this week, and she participated on a panel about getting into the games industry. We asked if she had any advice to share, and she offered this up:
— Heather Holmes (@hholmes79) May 25, 2015
- Bioware Edmonton posted several new jobs on our site this week
- DICE is looking for a contract 3D Artist in Los Angeles on Linkedin
- If you haven’t noticed the sign-up form on our blog, we’ve got a newsletter now. You should sign up! I promise that we won’t go overboard, we’re planning on doing them about once a month.
We’ve also been working on a new side project. Check out PlayingThis and let us know what you think. The idea is that you can discover new games by seeing what professional game developers are playing. We’re working on a pretty major redesign, so keep an eye on it in the coming weeks…